Friday, September 6, 2013

the human condition

"The human condition and social condition change.
What is the fundamental principle of the new testament?
It is one of universal love!
Loving your fellow man.
And if we get obsessed with a particular definition of that through a form of sexuality,
 then i think we're missing the centrality of what the gospel -
whether you call it a social gospel or personal gospel or a spiritual gospel - is all about.
Therefore, I go back to my question:
If you think homosexuality is an unnatural condition, then frankly, I cannot agree with you
based on any element of the signs.
And therefore if a person's sexuality is as they are made, you got to ask the second question:
Should therefore their loving relationships be legally recognized?
And the conclusion I've reached is, They should!

Before returning to the prime ministership, I wrote an essay and put it on the Internet
so everyone would know why I changed my position, the reasons for it
and it was the product of some many, many months and years of reflection.
In good Christian conscience.

--Kevin Rudd,
Australia's prime minister

No comments: